Honda Sensing TechnologyBlog Jul 9th, 2019
A Look At The Future
Starting in 2015 Honda began including various automated safety features in some of their vehicles which they referred to as Honda Sensing. Moving towards 2022 Honda’s expressed goal is to include this comprehensive suite of integrated safety features into every vehicle in their lineup.
What makes up Honda Sensing technolgy?
Honda Sensing is an amalgamation of safety features meant to streamline your driving experience while keeping you and your car safe. Here’s a breakdown of some of Honda Sensing’s comprehensive safety features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control assists the driver in maintaining a preset distance behind another vehicle at cruising speed without having to pump the brakes or otherwise adjust your cruise control settings.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system senses your departure from your intended travel lane and nudges the steering and braking systems to keep you on track.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CBMS) aggressively applies the brakes without driver input when it detects an imminent front-end impact.
- LaneWatch, when the driver signals right, displays live video in your display touch screen revealing a wider view of the right side of your vehicle, revealing obstacles - including pedestrians and bicyclists - before you make a right turn.
- Blind Spot Information system integrated sensors check for vehicles sitting in normal blind spots whenever the turn signals are active and gives a tone if there is anything to hit.
- Cross Traffic Monitor used when backing up this tool alerts you to approaching traffic coming from the sides and rear with a series of warning beeps and indicators in your Honda display.
- Traffic Sign Recognition informs you of posted speed limits through the use of a small camera, helping you avoid those pesky tickets
While all this technology is certainly impressive the question remains: which vehicles have it?
The good news is that pretty much the entire current Honda lineup have it standard or as an option, with only their larger vehicles lacking the whole suite of features. With that in mind, why don’t you stop by and check it out, Honda Sensing tech is something you really need to see for yourself!
If you would like to know more about Honda Sensing Technology follow the link: https://automobiles.honda.com/sensing